dessertAmber Gohn

Halloween Marshmallow Pops

dessertAmber Gohn
Halloween Marshmallow Pops
image6.JPG

Halloween Marshmallow Pops

Pinterest strikes again! These beauties must have popped up on my feed a dozen times before I finally gave in and decided to make them. 

Pros:
- Simple recipe. Dip marshmallows in chocolate, then in sprinkles.
- Flavoring and coloring chocolate for better taste.
- Using impromptu things for sprinkles, like crushed M&Ms.

Cons:
- EVERY PERSON IN A 2 MILE RADIUS OF OUR HOUSE WANTED ONE OF THESE THINGS AND WE COULDN'T MAKE THEM FAST ENOUGH
- Lots of leftover chocolate :(

Ingredients

  • 12 Giant Roasters Marshmallows
  • 1 10-ounce bag chocolate candy melts
  • assorted sprinkles

Instructions:

  1. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
  2. Insert a lollipop stick into each marshmallow.
  3. Melt chocolate candy melts according to package directions. (Some chocolates are better melted in the microwave, while others take more kindly to the heat from a double boiler. Your choice!)
  4. One at a time, dip your marshmallow in the bowl of chocolate, making sure to coat the sides about halfway up using a spoon or the edge of the bowl.
  5. While the chocolate is still fluid, quickly coat with sprinkles along the sides using your fingers, and dip the bottom into the sprinkle bowl to create a candy layer between the warm chocolate and the parchment paper.
  6. Place on baking sheet, allow the pops to rest until chocolate solidifies, or place in freezer/fridge until hard.
  7. Repeat with remaining marshmallows.
image5.JPG

Tips:

  1. Have a few different kinds of sprinkles mixes ready, so each pop can look unique. If you can find many colors of sprinkles, try drizzling some colors, and dipping using others.
  2. Multiple flavors of chocolate are your friends! If you're like us and made a BILLION of these things, pick up a few different flavors of chocolate. Peanut butter chips, butterscotch, white chocolate... The more the merrier!
  3. Be careful with food coloring! When melting chocolate, any water added to the mixture can cause your chocolate to SIEZE, or become hard and clumpy and unusable. You can fix this, but it's best to keep water-based coloring away from your chocolate.