Who doesn't love Nutella? I find myself craving the hazelnut treat in colder months, as it scratches that sweet itch while also delivering a silky mouthfeel. And you all know puff pastry is the most delectable of all the pastries!
This recipe is so easy, even my aunt could make it. That's not as much of a dig against my aunt as it is for the ease of this recipe. If you'd like to see the original, check out Tastemade.com
Tree-Shaped Nutella Pie
- 2 sheets puff pastry
- 1/4 cup nutella
- 2 tbsp diced almonds
- 1 egg yolk
- Preheat oven to 425º
- Cut out both sheets of puff pastry in the shape of a Christmas tree, taking 2 triangle slices off the sides and 2 small slices off the bottom.
- Spread nutella on one sheet of pastry and sprinkle with diced almonds.
- Place the other sheet of puff pastry on top.
- Cut slits on both sides spacing them half an inch apart, leaving the center intact.
- Twist each strip of pastry twice.
- Cut out a star shape with the leftover pastry and place this on the top.
- Brush pastry with egg yolk mixed with a little water.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the puff pastry surface is golden brown.