- 1-1.5 lb chicken breast or drumsticks, cut into any size/shape
- Vegetable, canola, or peanut oil for frying. Enough to fill your cooking pot about 3" deep.
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp Thyme
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1 1/2 tsp cayenne
- 1/4 tsp tarragon
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp cubeb pepper
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- 1/2 tsp chives
- 1 cup flour
- Combine Wet Mix ingredients in a medium bowl
- Marinate chicken pieces in the Wet Mix for at least an hour (max 8 hours)
- While marinating, combine Dry Mix ingredients in a SEPARATE bowl or shallow, wide dish
- One piece at a time, dip the chicken in the Dry Mix, coat it completely, shake off the excess and set aside on a plate.
- Now, repeat this coating. Dip each piece of chicken back in the Wet Mix again, and once more in the Dry Mix. You should end up with 4 alternating coatings.
- Fry in vegetable, peanut or oil at 375 until golden on the outside and cooked thoroughly inside
Maple Mustard Sauce:
- 2 Tbsp mustard of choice (Spicy brown is tasty!)
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- Whisk with fork to combine
- Wash and cut to round ends
- Sauté in a pan with olive oil and salt about 8 minutes.