If your character in 7 Days to Die isn't already a hundred pounds overweight from eating potatoes nonstop, we've got one more recipe that you can make to satiate your infinite desire for potato products. Who doesn't love potato chips!?
- 1lb rainbow fingerling potatoes
- 2 quarts peanut or vegetable oil
- Wash all of the tiny potatoes and pat dry with a paper towel
- Using a mandolin set to slightly less than 1/8-inch or a paring knife, cut the potatoes into thin slices.
- As you cut, drop the slices into a large bowl of cold water to soak. If the water gets cloudy, simply drain it away and add new cold water.
- Heat oil in a 5-quart Dutch oven over high heat to 400°F
- Drain the water from the slices and pat them dry THOROUGHLY. Too much water on the surface of the potato can result in a dangerous oil flare up and a huge mess.
- Add one handful of slices to the oil using a wire mesh spider. Cook until they begin to turn a light golden brown, only a few minutes.
- Remove the slices and place them in a bowl lined with paper towels to drain off excess oil. Season with salt and other spices immediately. Repeat for the rest of the uncooked slices.