As we gear up for the holiday season, why not enjoy some of food's finest? Duck fat is fancy af, and you know how much I love potatoes. In this Australian inspired gourmet dish, we create the side dish that you want at every holiday dinner table: Basically potato chips.
Crispy Leaf Potatoes with Duck Fat
- 8 large russet potatoes, rinsed (peeling is optional)
- 5 oz of duck fat, melted
- 1 tablespoon Maldon Sea Salt Flakes or kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 more tablespoon Maldon Sea Salt flakes for topping
- (optional) 1 tablespoon fresh or dried herbs, parsley and oregano work well
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Thinly slice all potatoes on a mandolin. Slices should not exceed 1/6"
- Place slices in a large bowl with the duck fat, salt and pepper and toss well to combine.
- In a medium ceramic or glass baking tray (our was 11" x 8.5"), arrange the potatoes upright starting from one side until the tray is full. Be sure to fill in gaps, but don't pack the slices together too tightly.
- Roast for 1 hour 15 minutes or until the potatoes are tender, golden and crisp.
- Season with salt topping, and add optional chopped herbs